Field Service Engineer - Europe
We, Von Gahlen International, with our global headquarters in the Netherlands are looking for a professional Field Service Engineer for the Europe region. Do we have your attention?
At Von Gahlen, we believe you have to be comfortable with what you are doing and who you work with in order to love your job. As our Field Service Engineer, you have to be passionate about solving technical issues as well as serving our customers according to proper standards. The role of Field Service Engineer at Von Gahlen is best described with the following words: customer oriented, technical, responsible and independent. To be the best version of yourself in this important role, we offer support from our headquarters in Zevenaar (Netherlands).
- Position Field Service Engineer
- Location European region
Let’s get in touch!
If you like a variety of tasks, work independently and in a team and develop your technical knowledge as well as your communications skills, this could be your job! As our new colleague, you will spend most of your time performing preventive and corrective maintenance on our products while on location throughout Europe. Due to the nature of the essential duties, a technical education and good technical skills in mechanics and electronics are required. In addition to the ability to solve technical issues, great communication skills are needed in order to provide excellent service to our clients.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field and five or more years of experience servicing mechanical/electrical equipment
- Experience in troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns
- Ability to provide training on hardware/software as needed to give thorough and effective knowledge in the use of the installed equipment
- Collaborate and maintain positive relationships with customers
- Complete service documentation and deliver reports
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and deliver results in a changing environment
- Work efficiently and with a sense of urgency
- Exhibit pride and professionalism as well as technical expertise at all times for the success of all concerned
- Willingness to be available "after office hours", including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary
- Ability and willingness to travel on a frequent basis within Europe
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
Who are we?
Our company was founded in 1973, and since then we have become an ultra-modern manufacturer and international market leader in the development of lead products for radiation shielding in nuclear medicine. Starting as a manufacturing company, we have progressed over time into a highly specialized knowledge organization. You can therefore expect the highest quality and continuity throughout our entire organization. As a medium-sized family-owned business, we have all the capabilities to serve the professional market worldwide, but we have remained small enough to ensure intensive personal collaboration and short lines of communication. We fulfill all our projects with our own project teams. In addition to our headquarters in Zevenaar, the Netherlands, we have sales offices in Germany and the USA. Worldwide we can rely on our carefully developed network of partners who have worked with our products for years.
Good to hear! We are excited to see your application. Email to Femke Jentink, HR-Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 (0)316 528 275.